Do you have an interest in weather and helping your community? Well we have a great opportunity for you!
The National Weather Service Forecast Office in St. Louis is offering FREE virtual spotter classes to prepare for the heart of severe weather season. If you would like to assist your local community by becoming a volunteer storm spotter and reporting severe weather to the National Weather Service, or if you simply want to learn more about severe weather, consider attending one of our virtual sessions!
What will be taught in the course?
Attendees are taught the basics of thunderstorm development, storm structure, the features to look for, and where to find them. What, when and how to report information to us at the National Weather Service is also covered.
What will you need at home?
Attendees will need a desktop or laptop computer to view the presentation. Additionally, we will use interactive polling software throughout the presentation which will use your cell phone should you choose to participate in the polling questions!
How do you register?
Registration links will be provided a couple of weeks before the scheduled presentations. The links to register will be placed below with each scheduled date.
Virtual Storm Spotter Class Dates and Registration Links
- Monday, February 22nd, 7:00 - 8:15 PM CST (Click Here to Register for this class!)
- Tuesday, March 2nd, 7:00 - 8:15 PM CST (Click Here to Register for this class!)
- Saturday, March 6th, 10:00 - 11:15 AM CST (Click Here to Register for this class!)
- Wednesday, March 10th, 7:00 - 8:15 PM CST (Click Here to Register for this class!)
- Saturday, March 20th, 2:00 - 3:15 PM CST (Click Here to Register for this class!)
Note: These courses may be canceled or changed on short notice due to active weather. NWS will communicate these changes via their website and social media channels.